Monday 3 June 2013

Encouragement for the day: Standing Alone!!!




Being a Christian isn't easy!! And I definitely know that!! Jesus never said it would be easy, but He did say it would be worth it! The Journey as a follower of christ can be hard and at times it can be lonely.  And Yes, sometimes along the journey we can screw up, but always know that God is always there with his arms wide open waiting for you to run back to him! We are never alone!! God is always with is no matter what!

Isaiah 43:2-3 says:
When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze. For I am the LORD, your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior.

This verse is amazing!!!! I love reminding myself that God will be with me no matter what I do!! No matter what situation I’m in God has always been and will always be with me!! There will be times when the enemy will come and attack me I may trip, but I will not fall!! It will not affect me because I'm grounded on the word of God!! And that’s where I know I’ll find God!! Reading my bible!! Which I honestly can say I need to do more of that!!!!!!

Today in my girls small group that I run, we talked on standing alone and what that means. We have started a new curriculum called ‘Courage’ by Francis Chan. As a group we talked about how it can be easy to follow the crowd and do what they are doing even if it is wrong.  Those as Christians we need to encourage each other to stand up for Christ. Even when no one else will…. And you’re the only one who will stand up for Him!!

One of my fave quotes is “If you want to see a change you have to be the change!”….. Simple as that!! You have to do it! For example if you feel you need to start attending prayer meeting, go and do it.. Even if none of your friends will!! Or if you feel to say "Hi" to this new kid that's sitting alone, don't wait for someone else to do it... You do it!! Why wait for someone else to do it when God has called you!!? You be the world changer and make a difference!! It can be hard when you don’t feel anyone is there for you, but know that God always is!! Just trust him and take a leap of faith!! Even though you might not be able to see where you’re going… Know that God is holding your hand through every step you take! He won’t let you fall!! Just stand on the verse of Isaiah!! It’s definitely one to remember!! 


Sara-Jayne <3 

Photo above is my own!!

No comments :

Post a Comment

When you leave a comment it seriously makes my day!! :D I'll get back to you as soon as I can!!! Sara-Jayne <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...