Sunday 25 May 2014

Buckwheat Apple Breakfast Muffins



If you're anything like me and some mornings you're in an absolute rush... This recipe is perfect for you and can be made in a head of time! 

Buckwheat Apple Breakfast Muffins 







Ingredients:
  • 1/4 cup buckwheat flour
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1 tsp ground cinnamon or less but I LOVE cinnamon
  • 1/4 tsp nutmeg
  • pinch of salt
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 mashed banana
  • 1 and 1/2 - 2 Tbsp honey or rice malt syrup
  • 1 small apple peeled and finely chopped
  • 1/4 cup walnuts, chopped


Method:
Preheat oven to 175C (350F). 
In a bowl add in the dry ingredients. Add the eggs, massed banana and honey to the dry mixture and mix well. After all the ingredients are mixed, gradually add the apples and walnuts, stirring as you go. 


Place 6 papers in a muffin form (or I used reusable ones as I find them easier to peel away) and fill them with a batter. Bake for 30 minutes or until the toothpick comes out clean. 
Makes 6 scrumptious muffins.



Enjoy and let me know if you make any of my creations by using the hashtag #growingingodsimage

No comments :

Post a Comment

When you leave a comment it seriously makes my day!! :D I'll get back to you as soon as I can!!! Sara-Jayne <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...