Tuesday 6 May 2014

Healthy Goodness: Super Easy Oat Bars



Today I thought I'd post one of my favourite healthy oat muesli bar recipes. I love cooking and whats the point of having a great recipe and never sharing?! haha...

I baked these today for my Dad so he has something to take to work. These bars are simple, really quick to cook and great for an on-the-go snack. I'm thinking about posting more of my healthy recipes over the next few weeks.  I love cooking and have a passion for healthy eating and living a healthy lifestyle. If you do end up trying this recipe let me know so I can also see your marvelous creations!!




Super Easy Oat Bars 

  • 3 ripe large bananas (really ripe bananas are the best ones to use. The larger the bananas, the more moist it will be)
  • 1 tsp of vanilla extract
  • 2 cups of organic rolled oats (gf)
  • 1/2 cup of chopped dates or any dried fruit you would prefer
  • 1/4 cup of chopped nuts (I used peanuts) 
  • 1/4 cup of cacao chips or 80% dark chocolate chips (optional) 
  • 1-2 tsp of cinnamon
  • 1 tsp of vanilla extract
  • Dash of nutmeg
  • pinch of salt (optional)

Mash the banana really well until all the lumps are gone. Add the rest of the ingredient's into the bowl, mixing as you go. Pour the mixture into a 9x9 inch baking dish, pressing the mixture down evenly as you go. Sprinkle with cinnamon and place into a heated 180 degrees oven for 30 minutes.

Optional: drizzle with dark chocolate! Anything with chocolate gets any kid excited!


 





No comments :

Post a Comment

When you leave a comment it seriously makes my day!! :D I'll get back to you as soon as I can!!! Sara-Jayne <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...