Saturday 17 May 2014

My scrumptious Paleo Banana Bread


My weekends as usual consists with me creating new foods in the kitchen. My aim today was to come up with a delicious banana bread that the whole family would love. And let me say... this would have to be one of the best banana breads I've ever made... And this recipe would definitely have to be one of my family's new favourite! So I thought I'd share this paleo recipe with you!!



Pin and share!!!








Family Favourite Paleo Banana Bread

 Ingredients:

  • 3 eggs
  • Pinch of salt
  • 2 medium ripe bananas, peeled and broken into pieces. Plus one extra for decoration.
  • 1  tbsp raw honey (Or you don’t have to add as I find it sweet enough from the dates)
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • ¼ cup desiccated coconut
  • 1 cup plus two tablespoons almond meal
  • 3 tbsp tapioca or arrowroot flour
  • 1 tbsp coconut flour
  • 1 tsp cinnamon powder
  • 1 tsp gf baking powder
  • ½ tsp bicarb soda
  • 2 1/2 tbsp coconut oil melted
  • ¼ cup walnuts, chopped
  • 5 dates, chopped up


Instructions:

Preheat oven to 165°C and line a loaf tin with non-stick baking paper.
Place eggs with a pinch of salt in a mixing bowl and whisk well. Add the 2 mashed bananas, honey, vanilla and whisk together until well incorporated. Add the almond meal, baking powder, tapioca, coconut flour, cinnamon and desiccated coconut, and mix together well. Lastly add the melted coconut oil and mix well. Fold in walnuts and dates. Pour the batter into the prepared loaf tin. Smooth the surface and place the extra banana (cut in half length ways) on top of the mixture.
Bake for 45 minutes until the skewer comes out dry. Serve and enjoy!!! 





No comments :

Post a Comment

When you leave a comment it seriously makes my day!! :D I'll get back to you as soon as I can!!! Sara-Jayne <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...