Saturday 3 May 2014

Your desire, your purpose!





"For God is working in you, giving you the desire and the power to do what pleases Him."

Philippians 2:13 (NIV)

 

Have you ever thought to yourself "what's my purpose?" "What does God have planned for me?" "I have this hunger in my heart, this dream, but I dint know why"

I'm sure everyone has thought at least one of those thoughts in their life. As humans we can ask what is our purpose, what's God's plan, am I where He want's me.

God's got a perfect plan for you and I believe he has placed the desires of your heart. In Psalm 37:4 it says "Take delight in the Lord, and he will give you your heart’s desires.". In other words, if your living a life that's pleasing to the Lord and you've made that decision to live your life for Jesus Christ. Then I know he will "give you your heart’s desires" and reveal His plan for your life. 

When I was thirteen I started to have this desire, this real hunger to want to help young girls. I asked God why do I have this desire? How was God going to use me? I was willing and wanting to help girls my age by encouraging them and telling them that they are beautiful, loved and treasured. 

With this desire and prayer, I asked God what was his purpose for that year. God told me when I was 15 that I was to mentor young girls. To encourage and help them! To make the long story short, seven months later I started my first girls bible study group. Almost two years later and the group is still going. I know it's what God wants me to do because he placed that desire in my heart.       

When you ask and you have a willing heart to be used by God. I know He will answer! Because often we can look around us and see so much hurt, poverty and loneliness.  turn to God saying "God why won't you do something?" I know he'll reply "I already have, I created you!".

We are His masterpiece, a child and we are loved by the Almighty One! You have one life, one God, one choice and one chance to make a difference. So will you take it? You've been created with a purpose (Jeremiah 29:11) and God's placed the desires on your heart to work in His marvelous plan!

Gob bless!!
Sara-Jayne

 

 

*All Images used are my own

No comments :

Post a Comment

When you leave a comment it seriously makes my day!! :D I'll get back to you as soon as I can!!! Sara-Jayne <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...