Saturday 14 June 2014

Why I Eat Healthy!!!

If you haven't noticed by now from all the healthy recipes on my blog, I eat quite healthy (or at least I try to). I enjoy it! When I started my healthy journey and made the choice to do it all, I chose to do it with God. I didn't want to do this without Him, because I've learnt the hard way when you try to do something by yourself.. You never fully succeed!

So many people have given me weird looks on what I'm eating or have constantly asked "are you on a diet?" hahah.... Oh the amount of times I've had to explain why I am eating a salad instead of chips.

I never chose to live a healthy lifestyle because I thought it would make me better or people would like me more or that I would even love myself more.

Before my journey I told myself I had to make sure I made the choice to love myself. Not just on the days I feel like it or have eaten well.... But even on the days I'm having a 'fat day' or have stuffed up continuously.  



Every morning I've made the choice to get up, look in the mirror and tell myself that I am beautiful the way I am. As dorky as that might be..... It reminds me that I don't need to be someone I'm not. God made me, me and there will never be a better me! So I don't need to strive to have a 'skinny' body or even strive to be so called 'perfect. Life's not about that!

I've learnt in the past being focused on wanting to be skinny, I was only hurting myself. It's not about being skinny, it's not even out being healthy. It's about living your life for God. Making Him your number 1 in EVERYTHING!!!

He is the reason I live, the reason I sing. And the reason why I eat healthy! I want to look after the body God has given me. I want to be healthy and fit, to be the best person I can possibly be. I nourish my body with delicious, healthy, whole foods. While also looking after my body by trying to get my body moving when I can.


I believe that it is important to look after your body, but I also believe in treats and having treats now and than. I'm not on some sort of a diet or have body image 'problems'. I've chosen to live a healthy lifestyle! It's a lifestyle, not a diet with an expiry date.  It's about looking after my body and wanting to be a better me. Because striving to be a better you is fine. It's like the talents you have been given! You're responsibility is to either just look at your gifting or choose to work on it. The same with your body. It is a temple of God! It's the only body you have and the only one you'll ever have. Make the choice to look after and love your body.

Being skinny, bigger, taller, shorter doesn't change the fact that God made you beautiful. Yes it's easy to find flaws in how you look, but always remember to love yourself. You don't need to try and be something you were never called to be. Enjoy this life you live and learn to love yourself!

No comments :

Post a Comment

When you leave a comment it seriously makes my day!! :D I'll get back to you as soon as I can!!! Sara-Jayne <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...