Monday 20 October 2014

Quick update: Playing teacher and loud noises

The past two weeks have been a crazy yet full on. Besides being sick for 3 days and unable to leave my bed. We've been doing a lot of children ministries.  Such as running children services,  going to a girls home to make bracelets with them, running a school assembly which later on  lead to playing teacher for a bit. I actually really enjoyed teaching the year 8 class English.   They were such a fun group to talk to.

Yesterday we went to a church service which was hosted in a small room. It was very crowed yet somehow I've gotten use to being squashed up against someone. After the service they made us lunch.  I sat down next to a few little girls who spoke really good English. The conversation really kicked of when one of the girls asked me if I watch master chef Australia.  Aperently it's a real hit here in India. 

Sunday afternoons we've been running a youth seminar.  Teaching on topics such as hearing God's voice and worship.  We each have our own small group where we discuss about the topic that was just spoken. I love mine!  I have a group of girls who love to ask me questions and pretty much just joke around.  

Through out the week we walk the streets finding little villages to have a jam session. And every time through that we have a crowd which gives us a great opportunity to tell people about Jesus and pray for them. I've had many good discussions with people about Jesus and what he has done in my life. 
Sometimes it can be difficult because of the language barrier.  But somehow we always get past it.  We played soccer with a bunch of kids on the street and even though they didn't speak much English, we all still had so much fun.

I want to quickly say thank you for those who have supported me financially.  I'm loving it here! Even though it's sticking hot,  smelly and so noisy.  Haha it's great! 
God bless you!

No comments :

Post a Comment

When you leave a comment it seriously makes my day!! :D I'll get back to you as soon as I can!!! Sara-Jayne <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...