Wednesday 21 January 2015

Improve Body Image

I talk a lot about body image on my blog and you know if you ever talk to me face to face, that topic may just arise. This week I thought I'd post some tips and ways on how to feel more confident by boosting your self-esteem.


 

  • STOP comparing yourself.... Stop focusing on what others have and what don't you have. No one is alike and as I've stated in others posts (click here to read), no one is the same. We are all different and were created to be no one else but yourself. 

  • Focus on what you have... Focus on your blessings. That you do have legs to run in the morning or arms that work perfectly to lift things and to feed yourself. I'm serious!! There are people out there that can't feed themselves, that have lost legs or weren't even born with one. And that leads me onto...

  • Start being thankful.... You may be thinking "Sara, how is this going to help?"... But by being thankful to God and for what you have, brings an atmosphere positivity and can help change your mood for the better. Appriciate all that you do have!

  • Every morning complement yourself.... One thing that I've found to really help me with body image is to look at myself in the mirror and tell myself "You are beautiful". It may seem "weird", but trust me, It's not until you start telling yourself that you are beautiful, that you start to believe it also. 

  • Don't focus on your appearance... In 1 Samuel 16:7 it says 
"Don't judge by his appearance or height, for I have rejected him. The LORD doesn't see things the way you see them. People judge by outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart." 

 God cares about our heart. I love the  saying "The best makeup a girl could wear is a smile." - It's so true!!! Finding pure joy in God by seeing things the way God does.

  • Go to God... God created you right!?!! And he knows you, he knows how you think and how your body works. So when you start to feel those negative thoughts coming in your mind, give them to God. Get them out of your mind and replace them with God's truth. The only way you're going to get to know God's truth is by getting to know God. 

  • Surround yourself with positive people... I know when I have friends who are alwasy encouraging me and are positive in the way they look at life. Then that encourages me to also enjoying life and to love God.

    • Stop negativiy... Girls, please please please stop this negative talk. Towards others and espesially towards yourself. Stop putting down who you are. Don't say anything towards yourself that you wouldn't say to your bestfriend! Would you call you best friend fat?

    • Love life!!!... Can I ask you a question? Do you love life?? Do you wake up in the morning excited to face the day? With that feeling of just loving who you are and just loving life? You know, it hurts me when I see so many girls hating themselves. They are hating life becasue they have so much self-hatered towards themself.  When you don't love yourself its hard to love life... It's hard to love anoyone for that mater. So... Enjoy being a girl!! Look at life as an adventure, ready for whatever may come.

    • Love yourself... This is the number one way to improve your self-esteem and I've said this many, many times here. Love yourself the way you are, not by what or who you could be.

    God bless 
    Sara-Jayne xx 






    No comments :

    Post a Comment

    When you leave a comment it seriously makes my day!! :D I'll get back to you as soon as I can!!! Sara-Jayne <3

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...