Friday 20 February 2015

Homemade Facial Scrubs #SarasNatureCare

I've decided to do a new serious of blog post talking about all things skin and hair related. I'm calling it Sara's Nature Care!!

I love using natural ingredients when it comes to my body as it's not just good for me, my skin benefits from it also. Yet in the past when I've tried to find natural face products I always found them to be either really expensive, or they had some sort of a chemical that I did not feel comfortable using on my skin. As my skin is really sensitive and dry many of the products I've used have just either stung my face or have left it looking worse.  And since I'm a student I can't afford all these expense brands. So I've been learning to make my own skin care using natural ingredients... And the best thing is, you probably have all the ingredients on hand right now.

My top Facial scrubs

Honey and oil scrub



I've been using this scrub a lot lately as I have found leaves my skin feeling so smooth. I've also struggled a lot with dry skin, but now using this scrub, it has helped all those dry spots disappear.

What you need:
  • 1 Tbs of Honey
  • 1 Tbs olive or even coconut oil (I do prefer olive oil for my scrubs) 
  • 2 Table spoons of Sugar
  • A squeeze of lemon
Mix all the ingredients in a bowl and then just simply apply to face. Leave for a couple of minutes to help soak into your face, and then scrub that baby right off.  This scrub is also perfect for you lips if you're struggling with dry lips.

Note: If you don't use it all that night. You can store it in a airtight container to use in the next couple of nights. 


The Magic baking soda scrub



Baking soda would have to be my number one used item in my cupboard. You can use it for anything. Seriously!!! But one of my favourite ways would have to be in a scrub. What baking soda does to your skin is removes all the dead skin cells and yes ladies, it even helps with those nasty pimples on your face.This recipe is my most simplest recipe and quickest scrub to make.

What you need:
  • 1 Tbs of Baking soda
  • Splash of Water
When mixing it together you want to get a consistency perfect for spreading where those pimples are. After a good 5 minutes of scrubbing those areas, wash it straight off.

Brown Sugar and Honey Scrub



This is another supper easy two ingredient scrub. Brown sugar is perfect for you skin as it has small particles which means its gental and safer on your skin. It's also perfect for scrubbing away dead skin cells and creating healthy, glowing skin. All you need is well whats in the title...

What you need:
  • 1 Tbs Honey
  • 1 Tbs Brown Sugar
Like all the other recipes you just want to mix it all in and then start to apply it to your face. Wash face well and then apply to face, scrubbing all over. You honestly only need 1/2 tsp for this scrub, so store the rest of it in an airtight container to use again. Rinse of well and pat your face dry.





Let me know if you want me to post more natural beauty tips like these. I love using these scrubs. They are so inexpensive and also extremely good for your face.

God bless,
Sara-Jayne

No comments :

Post a Comment

When you leave a comment it seriously makes my day!! :D I'll get back to you as soon as I can!!! Sara-Jayne <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...