Monday 23 February 2015

I want to know Gods heart

Quiet times are probably my favourite time of the day. Setting that time aside to spend with God and just be in His pressence is the best way to start the day. Firstly acknowladgeijng God is so important! Thanking Him for another day, becasue this is the day the Lord has made!!!

"This is the day the Lord has made; We will rejoice and be glad in it."
Psalm 118:24



I just finished reading the book of Nehemiah in my quiet time this morning. It's been the chapter that I've really been digging into for the past week.  God spoke to me in every one of those chapters in Nehemiah.

But today I really wanted to talk about Nehemiahs heart. In the first chapter Nehemiah is told about Jerusalem walls being in ruined and about the people being in great trouble. When Nehemiah finds out about Jerusalem his heart is broken, the bible says "When I heard these things, I sat down and wept. For some days I mourned and fasted and prayed before the God of heaven".

When I read this I could see Nehemiah knew the things of God and I believe he was feeling the way God was towards the city and His people. Nehemiah had the heart of God. He was broken for Gods people.
I'm reminded of a famous song that says "Break my heart for what breaks yours". That's what I want! I want to be like Nehemiah and know Gods heart. I want to feel His heart when He is joyful and brake the same way He does.

That has been my prayer! I want to be so close to God and quiet times I find to be the best way to do that. Reading His word and listening to His voice for what He want's to say to me.

God Bless,
Sara-Jayne

No comments :

Post a Comment

When you leave a comment it seriously makes my day!! :D I'll get back to you as soon as I can!!! Sara-Jayne <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...